Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Picking a Side

Go down 
+3
JELLO
BeNegativee
DM_Overcome
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM_Overcome
DM_Overcome

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-03-09

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:38 am

Okay soo once we decide Google says to.

Locate the Guild Registry in Protector's Enclave.
Create a guild, or join a guild that someone else has made.
The guild leader must then travel to the Trade Of Blades in Protector's Enclave.
The guild leader must talk to one of the dwarven recruiters and join one of the Factions. Either the Delzoun or Luskan Recruiters.
Then everyone can go to any city gate and select Gauntlgrym from the overworld map.

This is small bit of backstory on 2 sides found so far..

Delzoun Explorers
A society dedicated to restoring the city of Gauntlgrym to its former glory, the Delzoun Explorers were founded by a scion of the Delzoun bloodline and a high-minded sage with a map. Upon declaring their intentions to occupy, excavate and repopulate the lost city they quickly gained popular support as well as bulging coffers. They have imposed strict procedures for documenting and reclaiming lost treasures.

Luskan Corsairs
The Luskan Corsairs describe themselves as enterprising individuals dedicated to the advancement of personal wealth. Hailing from (and not planning to return to) the fallen city of Luskan, the Corsairs know the way to lost Gauntlgrym, and intent to squeeze every last ancient coin out of the ruin. They claim rights to the plunder due to historical ties to the lost human kingdom of Illusk, which helped to build the original city of Gauntlgrym

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Gauntlgrym

thats full site i'm lookin at..

Obviously I lean toward Luskan as one who rather plunder a place than defend it.
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-05-01

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:46 am

Delzoun Explorers! The good guys! As far as I can tell there is no advantages to either.
Back to top Go down
JELLO
Admin
Admin
JELLO

Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:44 pm

I don't think you get any actual boon for joining either side.

What you do get as I understand it so far is:

Built in Enemies and Allies. The PvP is designed to pit those two factions against one another. Not so much in a Good v Evil setup but more of a Defender v Plunderer situation.

Access to the area itself. You can't go there until you choose a side.

A neat icon next to your Guild name in the list to show what side you've chosen.

A focal point to build some Guild or personal RP around if you want.

So pretty much aside from the rewards for PvP, it's all just storyline and flavor.

So far we are One for Luskan and One for Delzoun.

I would lean toward Luskan myself because I prefer Chaos to Law. I have only really RPed one character in NWN that was Lawful and didn't much care for it. I've played countless chaotic toons and you know exactly which of those were my faves.  Twisted Evil

So that's Two for Luskan and One for Delzoun. Let's hear from more players before we decide.

Chime in and give us your two centavos!

J
Back to top Go down
https://forlorncity.forumotion.com
DM_Wood Faerie
DM_Wood Faerie

Number of posts : 44

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Make it 2 for the Delzoun Explorers
Back to top Go down
dm_mr kite

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Delzoun in my opinion... If this hasn't already been decided.
Back to top Go down
JELLO
Admin
Admin
JELLO

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:15 pm

This is not decided yet actually. I wanted to let the decision sit for at least a week maybe two because of the heavy cost to switch should we wish to in future.

The tally thus far is:

Delzoun Explorers: 3

Luskan Corsairs: 2

Seeing as we have 5 people in the guild right now, this might be the final. I still want to wait before we pull the trigger.

J
Back to top Go down
dm_mr kite

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

One thing to check is which side wins more engagements.
Back to top Go down
DM_Overcome
DM_Overcome

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

I can't find anything on win records. does seem like the 'do-gooders' are more populated. suppose next course of action see how many instances occur how large teams are and if we are likely to have a spot to play in the round as a do gooder, as opposed to raider guys
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 6:10 pm

I changed my vote to Luskan. Purely because I looked through the "Find Guild" tab, and saw the list. Everyone is an Explorer. I say we make the Luskans cool through our badassery. Razz 
Back to top Go down
dm_mr kite

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:48 pm

I'm fine with Luskan as well. I was really torn between the two but I always play the chaotic guys..
Back to top Go down
JELLO
Admin
Admin
JELLO

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:29 pm

I think the new tally now stands as:

Luskan Corsairs: 3 1/2

Delzoun Explorers: 1 1/2

Kite didn't really make it clear as to which side he wants to throw his vote behind.

We're still going to let this bounce around a few more days. Just to be sure.

J
Back to top Go down
dm_mr kite

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry, I meant to say change mine to luskan
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 pm

My final vote will be for Luskan, as I think tonight or tomorrow is the end of the week discussion. Ready to join a side!
Back to top Go down
DM_Overcome
DM_Overcome

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 pm

my final vote is luskan
Back to top Go down
JELLO
Admin
Admin
JELLO

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:19 am

I have it on good authority that WoodFaerie is also for Luskan. With the five of us now unanimously in agreement, I think it's time we pull the trigger and join the Luskan Corsairs.

I'll do that tomorrow in time for gaming this weekend.

cheers 

J
Back to top Go down
Circle-Of-Death
Knight
Knight
Circle-Of-Death

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: One good Qiestion   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Which server do you all play on. I havent played Neverwinter is a while, but when l do, l would love to play with my old friends again. So if l could get this info, maybe we could see about meeting up..
Back to top Go down
Jackybaby
Squire
Squire
Jackybaby

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Hey, Braj. The Neverwinter being talked about here is the new Online game, not the old Neverwinter Nights.

Here's a link:

Neverwinter
Back to top Go down
Circle-Of-Death
Knight
Knight
Circle-Of-Death

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:00 pm

No, no. I mean the new one Neverwinter Online, I have an account on the server Dragon. But l don't think any of you play on that one. Since l have heard that there is more then three servers up and running. Just wondering which server out of the 3-5 servers have you all located on? Is what l am asking.
Back to top Go down
Jackybaby
Squire
Squire
Jackybaby

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Ah, I understand now. We are all on the Dragon Server. In reality though, we never really play any more. Neverwinter got really stale really quick.

It's one of those MMO's designed to make money. There is little to no interaction with other players except the occasional crawl. There is no RP to speak of. It's pretty hard to do anything that resembles Role Play even when you're in a group with only people you know personally.

I'm really not sure I'll ever play it again now that I've written all this down. So sad.
Back to top Go down
dm_mr kite

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:56 am

Are you guys playing anything at all?
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 5:28 pm

I play Arelith on NWN with the brother and his wifey. Anyone is welcome to join us if they can put up with stupid people and low xp.  Suspect 

A shame no one can host Forlorn at the moment, I'd be all over that. Because SADLYYYYYY I do not like any other computer games, I gots to get my RP on.
Back to top Go down
Jackybaby
Squire
Squire
Jackybaby

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Yeah! What he said.

Jen and I are ready to game on Arelith too just because there is NO alternative to getting some game AND RP.

I am of course open to suggestions.
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:17 pm

Dude that'd be awesome if you would join us! Cause then the other~ brother would play too and we could all get our geek on together again!

I believe this is the direct connection game.arelith.com:5123.

My account is Squirtle Squad, current character is Novy Faedren so you can shoot me a tell whenever you decide to give it a try.
Phil is normally on as Andante Cadenza under the account of Andante

As for alternate suggestions, I would not mind playing the Capture the Flag server (PVP) but I can nae find it. Along with the Zombie Survival server, but again... no luck on that search either. I dunno if either of them are still up, but it could be fun for us if they are.
Back to top Go down
Jackybaby
Squire
Squire
Jackybaby

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

I tried so hard to like the idea. I swears it, I did!

I read the Forum over there *point* that place. Close to the bottom of the deities page I realized what I had just been reading.

That server looks like the most fun suckingest excuse of a game I ever read about. This stuff is from their own creators mind you. *shiver*

So, after I swallowed the lil' throw up I did in my mouf... *cough* I has decided no thanks.

Zombie capture flag sounds legit tho.

pea zout!
Back to top Go down
BeNegativee
Legend
Legend
BeNegativee

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:51 pm

It's where we will be until further notice, if you ever change your mind.  tongue 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Picking a Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Picking a Side   Picking a Side I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picking a Side
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: NEVERWINTER :: Forlorn on Neverwinter-
Jump to: